Click the jump for pics and details!
|Clean, dry nails|
|Polished with Essie's Ballet Slippers and Lilacism|
What you'll need:
- Base Coat and Top Coat (I use Seche Vite™ brand. The top coat is PHENOMENAL).
- A LIGHT colored nail polish of your choice (most people use white. I used Essie's Lilacism on my ring fingers and Ballet Slippers on the rest of my nails).
- Rubbing Alcohol (some women have used body sprays as they contain alcohol, too)
- Newspaper clippings (cut into pieces for your nails, about 2x2 size is good)
- Start with clean, dry nails. All polish removed if you had some on previously.
- Apply your base coat, allow to dry, then apply your color (2 coats).
- Allow your nails to dry COMPLETELY before this next step -
- In a small container (I used the top of a perfume/spray bottle), pour the alcohol inside. Dip your newspaper piece into the alcohol for a few seconds to saturate the paper (if you're using a body spray instead of rubbing alcohol you can just spray the newspaper well).
- Press the newspaper onto your nail and hold without moving it around for about 20-30 seconds.
- GENTLY lift the paper off of your nail and the print will be on your nails.
- Apply a top coat to your nails to prevent chips and from the print fading, and also to make your nails shiny.
Not bad for my 1st go :)
This YouTube video is where I got the idea - You can see in more detail. :)
Let me know if you try this and your results!